10 months ago
– Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 06:33:51 AM
Latest Printer News
Just a quick update. All files have been delivered to the new printer and we are expecting first samples soon. There have been challenges with the new page count of the book (page count is now 360 page - almost double what was projected), as well as production challenges for producing the glow-in-the-dark effect on the cover of the Noir edition. Apparently, this type of glow-in-the-dark treatment has never been attempted in this way. Usually this technique is applied to white or light colored areas and not black as we are hoping for.
We will share updates with you as soon as they arrive!
Looking forward to delivering an awesome project in October!
New Printer Secured!
11 months ago
– Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:27:14 PM
We have a new printer!
We are excited to share with everyone the news - our new printer has been selected! After several weeks of searching, an agreement has been signed with our new printer. We are currently prepping files for final production and will hopefully have a more detailed update for everyone soon.
For right now, please stay healthy and safe!
12 months ago
– Thu, May 07, 2020 at 06:37:52 PM
Just a quick update on our printer situation.
As many of you are aware, the COVID-19 pandemic shut down businesses world wide and these businesses included printers. Small businesses, such as ours, were affected greatly by this shutdown. As of today, there is still radio silence from our selected printer (the same printer that produced our beautiful Frankenstein edition). The last correspondence we received was that the wait time was 4-6 months for our project after they opened their doors for business(time for them to catch up on back orders from January-March). Obviously, this was not something we had planned for nor is it something we can hold against the printer (they are doing the best they can in a unique situation), but we are also not locked into any agreement with them for this project. Therefore, we have been spending the better part of April researching and contacting possible replacement printers that we feel have the capability to produce the level of quality we are looking for. This is really the most important requirement for us - quality.
After weeks of research, we have found two possible replacements and are awaiting bids from both. Our hope is to select a printer this month, send them print ready files, and hopefully have production begin in June at the latest. Since production would take roughly 3 months to deliver to us, this would put our estimated delivery date to our backers in late September or early October (Happy Halloween). This is the best-case scenario and we know this is not the best news. Given the current state of things we hope everyone knows we are doing our best to delivery a fantastic product!
We hope everyone is healthy and safe. We will update everyone the minute we have selected a printer!
Thank you for being so supportive! It means a great deal to us small businesses!
Final Hours of The Dreamscape Oracle Deck campaign!
about 1 year ago
– Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 11:39:34 PM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
Update on production schedule and printing
about 1 year ago
– Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 05:16:06 PM
We just wanted to give everyone a quick update regarding the production schedule for Dracula. As many of you are aware, the COVID-19 (or Coronavirus) has caused serious issues worldwide for everything from toilet paper to Medical Face masks. Since 90% of all printed books are produced in China, the recent shut down has crippled the publishing industry. All projects scheduled from January to today have been put on hold due to the shutdown. This has impacted us at EVPub as well.
Matt is still on track to complete the files and have everything ready for the printer but given the COVID-19 situation and the radio silence, we have been receiving from the printers we expect there to be delays on their end. We hope to have a more definite idea of what delay we are looking at once the printers open back up for business. Hopefully, we can still get close to our May 2020 delivery date.
In the meantime, we are still investigating other printers that may be capable of producing this project. If we are lucky enough to locate a new printer we will let everyone know immediately!
Thank you for all of your support and patience.